Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Locksmith or criminal?

In order to minimize bathroom toiletry damage, Mom and Dad lock their bathroom door when I'm in their room (when they remember to--if they forget I have some fun with shaving cream--which was the case last week). One day they needed to open the door quickly so they took a wire hanger and popped out the lock with it. So yesterday I got into their closet and grabbed a wire hanger. Mom and Dad gave me a strange look but let me walk away with the hanger. Mom heard a strange noise coming from my bedroom (she had an idea of what I was doing but couldn't believe it) so she went and checked on me. I had locked my bedroom door, went inside my room and started to pick the lock on my door!

**This makes more sense if you know that Mom and Dad had to put a lock on my door on the outside so that if I get up in the middle of the night they can put me back in my room and lock the door so I can't get out.**

So now they're wondering if I'm going to be a locksmith or a criminal!

The other day they didn't lock my door and I woke up at 3:00am, went into my sister's room, turned her light on, jumped on her, found a bottle of blue tempera paint, took it to the bathroom, and painted the sink :) nice.

In other news:
Yesterday we went up to Brigadoon to visit Bond. Mom, Dad, Bond and I went on a little walk while we were there. For the first part of the walk I was tethered to him, and the other part I held his leash. I hung out with him, and Mom and Denise talked about the next steps. Denise is coming to the house in a couple of weeks to do a "home visit". She'll be checking out what our house is like and start scheduling days for Bond to come and stay with us. He'll stay with me for a few days/week at a time to ease into our routine here while he's still in his training. Graduation date is set for October 25th, so on that date Bond should be "officially" mine.

Here are some pictures of my visit:

Here we are on our walk with me tethered to Bond.


Walking along...


Mom unclipping the leash so I could walk him.


Walking Bond back to Brigadoon.


Hangin' out in the office after a hard day's work!

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner