Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today's Brigadoon Visit

Today Mom, Madison and I went up to Brigadoon to hang out with Bond for about an hour. While we were there, I spent a lot of time petting Bond, sitting with him in his crate, and just hangin' out. I was much more engaged with Bond than I have been, and was initiating contact with him. It was fun for Mom and Denise to watch me interact with him. While we were there, Mom asked Denise about what is going to happen from here. So here is what is in store for us: There are two other dogs in front of me that need to be trained. They will start their formal training as soon as the holidays are over. Once they go to their new homes, Bond will start his formal training. That will include learning to track my scent, going different places, and practice being tethered to me. We're not sure yet how long that is going to take, so there is no set date that Bond will come home with me permanently. As it stands now, after the holidays Bond is going to come over to my house to do a home visit, and hang out on my "turf". We'll just kind of plan sporatic visits up to Brigadoon until his formal training starts, and then the "fun" (work) will begin! Here are some pictures of my visit today, and have a Happy Thanksgiving next week. My family has a lot to be thankful for this year, and one of the things we are thankful for is the support we have from all of you.

With Love,
Aaron

Saying hi to Bond

Playing on the kitty perch

Playing in the dog crate

Bond hanging out in the crate with me

Mom just thought this was an interesting picture...

Bond was getting ready to drag me around--for a second!

Giving Bond some lovin'

Taking a rest

Bond watching over me

Sleeping in the car after a long (1 hour) visit--or because I was up at 5:30....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the little tail pic...so glad to hear the dog and Aaron are bonding. It's a long process, sounds like, but it will be worth it someday soon. Thanks for sharing your story and keeping us updated. Wishing you a calm, mess-free holiday season!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner