Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bond Day 3





Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was a long and tiring day! By 9:00 Mom was DONE!!! Yesterday was more of the same. We took a trip out to Costco to get out in public. This time Mom tethered me to Bond. I didn't mind it, and she liked the added security of knowing I wasn't going anywhere. Mom also spent some time yesterday working with our other dog Pippin. Working on getting his energy level down, and making sure he stays down when she tells him to. They are also working on a "place" command. Denise says that if she can put both dogs into a down position then the energy level will come down and that will hopefully get rid of the dogs trying to play together. This is a bigger undertaking than Mom originally thought!

Day 4 is half over. We went to church this morning and that was a pretty good experience. I don't think he was used to the loud music. :) He went up to junior church with me, and Mom explained to the kids that they couldn't touch him, and the reasons why, and all that good stuff! It's hard to tell a bunch of people you know that they can't touch your dog. About half of them understood without an explanation, and the other half really didn't "get it". So for all of you out there who think service dogs are really cute (and they are)--please resist the urge to touch them. Pretend like they aren't there--please--it will make the handler's job much easier! The rest of the afternoon will hopefully be spent relaxing. Pippin is taking a nap with Dad, and Bond, Madison and I are about to go outside to play.

Denise is coming tomorrow morning to work with Bond and Mom on some more training stuff. I'll let you know how that goes.

I hope you are all having a nice Father's Day. If your dad is still around make sure you thank him and love him. I've got an awesome dad, and I'm so thankful for him!

Happy Father's Day,
Aaron

No comments:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner